Who we are
Home Ed Voices is an online community of and for parent-educators who believe we’re better when we lean on and learn from each other. Each week we publish at least one or two articles on any aspect of home education. We feel that as a community we all benefit from hearing diverse voices and sharing our hard-earned wisdom.
What we’re looking for
If you can…
- Share a personal anecdote that connects you with the reader
- Derive a lesson learnt, a new perspective or a new idea for others to try in their own lives
- And include links to resources parent-educators may find useful for a greater understanding or can utilize to put your idea into practice or expand upon it
…then we want to hear from you.
Make sure your piece is…
- skimmable – use sub headings and short paragraphs
- use lists and bullets
- has images and/or quotes
- original and hasn’t been used anywhere else before
- includes a Call to Action
- is 1,500-3,000 words
Terms and Agreement
By submitting the article you agree that it is an original article written by you and that it has not been published or submitted for consideration to publish elsewhere.
By submitting the article you agree not to resubmit the article to any other site until you hear back from us.
By submitting the article you agree that if it is chosen for publication, you will not republish it on any other site (including your own) until 4 weeks after the publication date on HomeEdVoices.co.uk.
By submitting the article you agree that if your article is published, we will retain the rights to republish or reuse the material in the future, of course with due credit to you.
How to Submit
Please send your completed article in the body of an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not accept pitches or open attachments.
We aim to respond to your submission within 1 week of receiving it.
Topics we’re interested in:
- Working while home educating
- Reviews of home ed festivals/camps/conferences
- Goal setting (or not)
- Planning (or not)
- Routines and schedules
- Curriculum reviews
- Documenting your home ed journey
- How to organise documentation
- How to celebrate national and international holidays
- Traveling while home educating
- Gift guides
- Rest and rejuvenating