Home Ed Voices Podcast – (Season 2) Episode 15 – Kelly (@theWoodSideStories)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement for more information.
The Home Ed Voices Podcast is a UK-based Home Education Podcast that profiles the lives of home ed families. You can find out more about the podcast here.
This is episode number 15 and this week I’m talking to Kelly who is @thewoodsidestories on Instragram. We talk about the journey from school at home to something more unique to your family, and how as the home ed parent you need to give your self grace and time to find out what works. We chat about the importance of finding mentors for your home ed family in the wider community around you, and the value of exploring community spaces when everyone else is in school, and we talk about what life is like home educating in rural, and more isolated areas of the country.
- Muddlepuddle blog
- Gritsday blog (plus this video is from 2011 but these conversations are still exhaustingly common)
- Opal citizen science
- Rip the Page: Adventures in Creative Writing by Karen Benke
- How to be an Explorer of the World by Kerry Smith
- Project Based Homeschooling by Lori Pickett
- Ed Emberley’s Drawing Book: Make the World
- Skellig by David Almond
- The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken
- Ologies Podcast
If you have any questions or can think of someone you would like me to interview on the podcast (maybe you? Yeah, really you!), please get in touch via the comments below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and know someone who might benefit from listening to a Home Education Podcast, please let them know about the Home Ed Voices Podcast. Thank you!