Home Ed Voices Podcast – Season 1 Episode 7 – Kate
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure statement for more information.
The Home Ed Voices Podcast is a UK-based Home Education Podcast that profiles the lives of home ed families. You can find out more about the podcast here.
This week I’m talking to Kate.
We talk about videogames and how they can be a gateway to literacy. How it all counts, not just the stuff that looks the most like school, and how you can structure your yearly plan to protect your mental health. Unfortunately, when we recorded this interview in the spring I had a bad throat and so sound really gravely, so sorry about that.
- Year of Wonder: Classical Music for Every Day by Clemeny Burton-Hill
- DailyArt App
- One Third Stories
- Progressive Phonics
- Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann
- Usbourne Early Readers
- Life of Fred UK stockist
- Prodigy Maths
- Story of the World: Ancient Times by Susan Wise Bauer
- Mensa for Kids: Excellence in Reading
- The Time Compass: Kids Animated History with Pipo
- Wee Folk Art
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- Five Children and It by E. Nesbit
- Peter Pan by J. M Barrie
- Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
- Rudyard Kipling
- Shel Silverstein
- Nightlights: Stories for You to Read to Your Child – To Encourage Calm, Confidence and Creativity
- The Book With No Pictures by B. J. Novak
- Rapunzel by Sarah Gibb
- Ninja Red Riding Hood by Corey Rosen Schwartz
- Rosy Revere Engineer, Iggy Peck Architect, Ada Twist Scientist by Andrea Beaty
- Dr Seuss
If you have any questions or can think of someone you would like me to interview on the podcast, please get in touch via the comments below.
If you enjoyed the podcast and know someone who might benefit from listening to a Home Education Podcast, please let them know about the Home Ed Voices Podcast. Thank you!